I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Monday, July 2, 2012

Playing Around ...



Just wanted to let some staining colors run amok, to see what would happen. Usually I don't like when they separate out, but here it adds interest. I don't know where I'll go with this yet.  

A friend of mine worked with Tauk tours for a number of years. He took this when in India, and downloaded it for me. It really is a stunning photo, and one I've been thinking of painting for a while.

I've got a decent start on the sky ...

And yes, I did work a bit on the bridge - more shadowing on the right, and in the underpass.

As always, your comments are very welcome. 

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful, all three of them! What a magnificent photo is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all looking beautiful!
    Do you find it easy working on three at a time?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing that just from adding a simple background colour to a blank flower shape, it is already jumping forward?
    It's a beautiful photo by the way - no wonder you feel the urge to paint it! I am really looking forward to seeing the result. Good luck also with the bridge! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the flower one, the separating adds so much to it doesn't it? I don't usually like that either, but I think it really works with your flower. And your bridge and sunset look so great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always keeping yourself busy ! But I must admit, that I do the same..work on different things at the same time, keeps you from getting annoyed...and watercolor has to dry , so it is good to have a few on the go. Keep it up !

    ReplyDelete