I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

TWO WATERCOLOURS, STEP BY STEP









TUG ON THE FRASER
17 X 26 CM.
$85.00 CDN




FRASER IN WINTER
17 X 26 CM.
$75.00 CDN

These are two smaller works I started as class projects, both based on the same photo. In the top painting, I highlighted the sky, the second the waters. Most of the work was done wet in wet, with some sponging and dry brush detailing at the end. The colours used were almost the same in both - the first had new gamboge and phthalo blue in the initial wash, the second had aureolin and indanthrone in the first wash. All the colours used were aureolin, new gamboge, permanent rose, phthalo blue, indanthrone, quin. sienna, quin. burnt orange, and quin. violet. My goal was to create two different moods with the paintings, and I think I have done just that.

If you have any questions about the techniques or wish to purchase one of the paintings, please contact me at
studioatthefarm7@gmail.com 

Thank you so much for dropping by!


10 comments:

  1. Dear Kathryn,
    You certainly did accomplish two different moods with these paintings, and I must say they are just breathtaking! Beautiful work. I love the colors.
    Wishing you a peaceful and creative week ahead.
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The colors are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both beautiful but the sunset sky in the first just gets me - it's so well done (just enough color but not too much and smooth). Well done, you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. reminds me a lot of the boats on Lake Erie in the winter, very nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful watercolors Kathryn. I love the sky in the first painting...(:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these Kathryn are just beautiful. Your washes are always the best. You certainly captured a wonderful glow. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really clever stuff - thanks for the explanation, it really focused me on the differences between two excellent paintings.

    Hope you are keeping fit and well, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know how much we love this magic?
    Lots!!!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tug on the Fraser shows a handle on wash technique. Waiting on the tug.

    ReplyDelete