All evening, I have been playing with composition, format, and then refining the sketch. I think this will do. It will probably be about 9 x 14 inches when finished. I'm keen to start as I have some interesting ideas I'd like to try for the background.
I also spent 2 hours in the rain this afternoon, removing the old electric wire from His Highness's paddock, then trimming any interfering branches, and finally re-wiring the entire area. It seems to be working, as His Nibs was making his dragon-breathing sounds when I went out to feed him dinner. I don't like electric fencing, but I like even less the damage horses can do if left to their own devices.
That's it for tonight. I'm working in the office tomorrow, and quite looking forward to the change.