I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Friday, March 15, 2019

A GOOSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR - STEP BY STEP WATERCOLOR

A Goose of a Different Color 
13.5 x 9 in./ 34.5 x 22 cm.
Stonehenge hot press paper
It was going to be a white goose, so I started with a grey [aureolin, a quin. pink and cobalt blue] for the form shadows.

Some quin. sienna and pink for beak, and quin. sienna for feet.

Deepening colors. It was at this point, I asked Pat [my goose aficionado] what she thought. She found him to be a bit insipid, so ...

... I made up a grey-brown [quin. burnt orange, quin. violet and indanthrone] to add some color, and got to work.


I had bought some Stonehenge paper, both cold and hot press, and planned to paint some intricate floral on the hot press. But the goose won out. It is a lovely surface on which to paint - I was very pleased with how it allowed me to work the feathers. Probably some more geese in future, but with more animation.

Thank you for dropping by!!


8 comments:

  1. A beautiful progression Kathryn!!!! I love the texture on his feathers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the darker colours really help :)

    I must be the only one who doesn't like Stonehenge paper lol (its great for printmaking but nothing else lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, giving him a tan worked out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it: perfectly drawn and painted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love him - a goose with attitude and blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heya i'm for the first time here. I found this board and I find
    It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something
    back and aid others like you helped me.

    ReplyDelete