I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Friday, December 13, 2019

LATEST WORKS ...

This was a recent class project. I combined two reference photos - one of a glorious sunset, and another of some nearby farm buildings.

I started this over three weeks ago, and just can't get motivated to finish it.

I completed this painting of a friend's horse. Cathy helped me a lot when I was recuperating from the hip surgery, and I promised to get a portrait of her [and her daughter's] retired eventing horse. He and Bruno are over-the-fence buddies. His name is Blue, hence the broad stripe of colour. I quite like the more animated pose of Blue, and the random streak of colour. I think it makes the work more dynamic and alive. I was so happy that Cathy and her daughter loved it.

This is another "Blue" portrait - one of our neighbour's blue heeler, named Blue. Donald and Linda live around the corner on a farm that has been in Linda's family for a few generations. They are both good people, and Donald often helps my landlady and me with mechanical work and farm advice. I have been doing a lot more drawing lately, started this, and felt it turned out well. So I took it over to them.

And this is Mitch. He was an Australian heeler, much loved by a far-away friend. I met Eugene while doing my second stint at university; he tutored me in organic chemistry. From there, we developed a long-distance friendship. I'd like to do a few more drawings or paintings of Mitch, and send them off to Australia to Eugene.

So that's life on the farm right now. Thank you for dropping by!

6 comments:

  1. Your paintings are all so beautiful! The sunset is our favorite. It's just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. Mitch looks like he can speak English, very expressive personality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The two dogs are fabulous, Kathryn!
    And I love the horse painting! Such interesting pose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really nice ACD portrait :)

    Is Blue a roan or just a normal grey?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing your work, Kathryn - the two Blue's are just wonderful. I adore the pose of Blue the equine. He has strength, energy and pure personality. The blue streak of color adds to the joy of the work. And your drawing of Blue and Mitch the canines are wonderfully done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is amazing, Kathryn. I love your friend's horse... the broad stripe with the vibrant blue is outstanding and unique. Love your dog as well...

    ReplyDelete