I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Friday, September 18, 2015

The Baby Goose Has Some Siblings ... Work in Progress

You remember this little cutie. Well, there were actually at least a dozen of them scurrying around the field.

I masked the geese, and then painted three wet-in-wet graded washes - quin. burnt orange, pink and indanthrone blue. Then I removed the masking, and started working on their form shadows with a mixture of orange, pink and indanthrone. The beaks were first done with indanthrone.

The blacks of their eyes and beaks were painted with a mix of quin. burnt orange, quin. violet and indanthrone. And I did a wash of aureolin on their legs.

I am here now. I've done two glazes on their form shadows, and am ready to get their local color  - a purply/grey - started. I have also glazed their legs with a green made of aureolin, indanthrone and orange. I have a feeling the color to be added to their feathers will have to be dry-brushed on ... carefully. That's why I have stopped here to take a break. And Bruno is hollering from his paddock. Time to RIDE!!!

Thank you so much for dropping by!


9 comments:

  1. Hello Kathyrn,
    First, thank you so much for your kind words about my drawing ~Wicked~. Coming from an artist such as yourself, it means so much.

    Oh now, this watercolor just touches my heart... I love the work so far, as am looking forward to seeing the completion.
    Have a beautiful weekend.
    fondly,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure are cuties. Can't wait to see them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love to see the family growing!! They are beautiful!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Have fun today with Bruno and your class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! Glad Bruno is getting a workout today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your work with these geese!! I never get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Must be quite a sight with all these little cuties running around , they just make you smile don't they :-)) xx

    ReplyDelete