Monday, October 18, 2010

My Process

  I've been fussing around with this for 6 or 7 days. It's a re-do of a painting I did almost a year ago. One of the dentists I work with said he'd like to purchase the painting, and I replied that I would like to paint it again. So, above is the "original" ...

   This is the first wash of background color, a soup of aureolin yellow, phthalo green and burnt orange. I wanted to get some color behind, to better ascertain the rose and leaf colors.

Some aureolin straight up, and mixed with a warmer pink for the flower, and phthalo green with burnt orange for a start on the leaves.

I've added warm pink, with some cobalt blue in the shaded areas. The leaves and some of the 
background have been intensified.
Below is the painting as it stands right now. To me, it looks like the bee needs a bit of plumping and darkening. Let me know what you think.