Sunday, September 20, 2015

Goslings Waddling along Nicely ... Baby Geese - Work in Progress

After the last post, I dry-brushed some aureolin here and there.

Then I mixed up a purply-brown and started dry-brushing the colors in their feathers with a mixture of burnt orange, violet and indanthrone. I also got serious about the anatomy and shadows of their legs. I used aureolin, burnt orange and indanthrone to get an almost-black olive green. 

Right now, I am continuing with the dry-brushwork on their feathers - this technique seems to work best for achieving that fluffy appearance. I think I'll put it aside for a bit, to let the colors set, and work on the tugboat painting.

Thank you so much for dropping by!