I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Goslings Waddling along Nicely ... Baby Geese - Work in Progress



After the last post, I dry-brushed some aureolin here and there.

Then I mixed up a purply-brown and started dry-brushing the colors in their feathers with a mixture of burnt orange, violet and indanthrone. I also got serious about the anatomy and shadows of their legs. I used aureolin, burnt orange and indanthrone to get an almost-black olive green. 

Right now, I am continuing with the dry-brushwork on their feathers - this technique seems to work best for achieving that fluffy appearance. I think I'll put it aside for a bit, to let the colors set, and work on the tugboat painting.


Thank you so much for dropping by!

7 comments:

  1. So sweet, and wonderfully painted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the dry brush does seem to be working well in getting that fluffy look :) very nice shadows on their legs, really helps make them look 3D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening Kathryn,
    They look so darn sweet! Their feathers are really coming along.. Looks so fluffy!
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these fluffy little Geese! You always give them such character... I think it's the way they are standing... Love them! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your breathing life into them, Kathryn; not sure what dry brushing means but it's obviously working. Love the vagueness of "...mixed up a purply-brown"

    Tug boat painting?... tug boat painting? you didn't mention this before ...show, show ...shhooowww :) I'm building boats (http://techssimboats.blogspot.co.uk/) and you don't mention your tug boat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're coming along so beautifully Kathryn. Love the work on the feathers!

    ReplyDelete