Friday, September 20, 2013

The Rose on Fabriano Continues ...

Here are the results of two W/W washes of dropped in color - quin. rose and aureolin.

I then went into the greens, a mixture of phthalo blue and quin. burnt orange.

 I did a second W/W wash with the same mixture.

At this stage, I can see that it will need a lot more of the dark green, as well as colors to intensify the rose petals. I worked on it a bit last night, but stopped when I found myself becoming impatient. I had a strong urge to mask the rose, and dump on the dark green.
I was hoping to finish yesterday, but thankfully checked my inner voice - the one saying "let's get it done NOW".  And as I am working for the next two days, I thought I would post the progress today.

Thank you for dropping by, and your comments are most welcome!