|Believe it or not, I started this with a thin wash of aureolin over everything. Then I did several wet-in-wet applications of a green made with quin. burnt orange, indanthrone and phthalo green, and burnt orange alone.|
|I made two greys -a thin one to indicate a ground [made of aureolin, pink and cobalt blue] and a darker one for the shadow [made with quin. burnt orange, quin. violet and indanthrone] - and applied them w/w.|
|Then the fun part started! I actually enjoy doing all of this mostly dry brush work, getting the details, textures and markings on the leaf.|
|Autumn II/ 6.5 x 9.25 in./ 16.5 x 23.5 cm.|
I worked on the shadow, some more leaf detail and ... voila! it is done.