Monday, May 1, 2017

Three of the Girls Are Done ...

For Sally, I painted a scrumbly background of aureolin, burnt orange and warm black, letting each color dry before applying the next. I also tried a new technique with her neck fur  - I feathered it in. I drew in a line of black, then used a barely-moist medium-sized flat to spread the color. I think it gave a lovely soft effect. Definitely using this on the next commission [ a Schnauzer by the name of Louis].

Same technique here, trying to go with a background that would draw the viewer's eyes to the cat's eyes. Here I used burnt orange, followed by orange mixed with violet.

Soft scrambling again, with quin. gold mixed with indanthrone - to match her eyes.

Thank you so much for dropping by!