I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Thursday, August 4, 2011

... and Now I Am Going to Pull a Rabbit Out of My Hat!

Simple-looking sketch [with all my notes scribbled around it]
   OK ... no rabbits today. I say that only because this effort is more than I bargained for. Yes ... simple ... only a goose. But the shadows are wild. The reflected colors on the left side of the goose are going to be somewhat of a challenge.



Graded wash of aureolin
Graded wash of cobalt blue

Some aureolin in reflected shadow area
Some quin. siena so I see something other than white
The model

3 comments:

  1. Looking good!
    White, its colours and shadows are a challenge, Looking forward to seeing how this one progresses xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying seeing the stages of your paintings, Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn..I love both these paintings..WIP has always been my favorite..to see these paintings finished is always exciting. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete