I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

SOME RECENT WORK ...

Yours truly, pondering the imponderable
30 x 20 cm.

Nightshade
28 x 31.5 cm.
$265.00 Cdn.
This shrub/weed was growing beside the riding ring, so I saw it every day. Bruno wasn't eating it thankfully, so I watched it change from summer to fall, and took some photos as the berries started to ripen in the fall. This is not "deadly nightshade" which I believe is semi-tropical, but I put on gloves and gave it a serious haircut to discourage more speed and growth  after I took the photos.

Summer's End
38.5 x 33 cm.
$395.00
This painting started off in late summer as a class project. I finished most of the flower and stem, and couldn't decide what else to do, so it sat for a few months. A couple of weeks ago, I felt it needed a look to suggest the dark and cold of winter, so I did this rough, dark background, and of course had to intensify some of the subject matter to balance with the darks. Summer's End is the result.
I haven't done a step-by-step post. If you would like more information, or want to know more about purchasing work, please feel free to contact me! And thank you so much for dropping by!!!


8 comments:

  1. Your work is absolutely fabulous, Miss Kathryn! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, Kathryn, which I alway enjoy seeing. Your self portrait is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous flower :)the background works perfect with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! All so fabulous! Your self portrait is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful paintings Kathryn!!!! Summers End is outstanding!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I don't think I've seem your portraits - and a self-portrait, at that!!! Great work! But really love the nightshade - the colors are just delicious (although I'm sure one wouldn't want to eat the plant or berries). You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great to see your work again - and what a lovely self portrait!

    ReplyDelete