I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Commission

This is where I am right now.
   I'm working on a painting for a friend of mine. Mike had a hobby farm in Langley, and boarded one or two horses. The painting is of one of the boarders who became a close friend, with her horse. The photos from which I have to work are NOT painter-friendly, so we'll see what can be done.
This is the photo I am using for the pose.
This I'll use for color reference.
I was at this point a few days ago, and found the horse to have too much orange.

I am definitely at the point in a painting where I wonder what I'm doing - really an awkward stage. Let me know what you think of it , so far.

1 comment:

  1. I think you have a really great color harmony going on here. I love how warm it is. I think it really contributes to the mood of the painting. :) I know what you mean about wondering what the heck to do next! I hate that stage. Something that helps me is to do a basic map in a light value (I usually use burnt sienna) so that I know where the heck I'm going! Then I can add layers of color on top. Kind of like a watercolor grisaille. But I'm sure it will turn out beautiful. Your watercolor work simply glows and you definetly know what you're doing with your medium. :)

    Oh and I loved both your recent chins post and your Halloween one. You are rockin that tooth fairy costume!

    ReplyDelete