I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Monday, January 10, 2011

La Serenissima ... or... Another Chicken Alert

Original photo

I did the chicken 1st, then brought some of the background wash into her as shadows.

Some detail 


More detail

Finished. I'm still working on iPhoto to perfect painting color and value.

As promised, here is the next in my "process" series. I call it "La Serenissima" because she looks so calm and serene, and because I love Italian. She is small, only 6 x 9  inches. Again, the painting was an experiment in loosening my technique, and I think , in that respect, it was successful.
My next painting, perhaps with other "smalls" interspersed, will be a floral. I'm quite excited about it, as the colors are gorgeous, with some really strong value contrasts. 

4 comments:

  1. How in the world did I miss so many of your posts? I was just scrolling through them reading your thoughts and looking at your work, and everything looks just beautiful. You have such a delicate touch yet your work is strong and confident. It's just lovely. :) And I love the pictures of the sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathryn, you are absolutely right, your life is very similar to mine. Lovely to meet you and I will be back to meet you again, so sending greetings from England (wet, very wet today!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathryn, your blog is always fun to read, paintings looks good. I quite often work on farms just like yours...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathryn - thanks for visiting my blog - I'm happy to return the favour since your own blog is a treat. Great photos and stylish paintings.

    La Serenissima is beautifully executed - hey did you know that this week's Illustration Friday subject is 'Chicken'?

    ReplyDelete