I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Monday, November 7, 2011

First There was Lulu ...

     Lulu was my first commission. She was a lovely, and well-loved, Weimaraner. The photos I had for reference were miniscule - really. They were the size of photo booth pictures. And I had no computer at that time. The result was that I ended up painting her fourteen times!!! So A few more rounds with Maddy is nothing by comparison.

This is how she stands now, perhaps a bit darker and warmer.

Another sketch, same head. I have another photo of her with her neck extended, but the eye expression is not as pleasing.


So here I go for round #2!

6 comments:

  1. katharyn ..looking good .. i like it with bg white

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful Kathryn! You have captured such a sweet, calm expression. And man oh man can I relate to your first comission story, that's pretty much exactly how mine went too! I do like your new sketch, can't wait to see the next painting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Kathryn! And the next one is looking really good, too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Kathryn, yes I have been there with commissions. I spent hours on those first ones and really overworked the paper. Thank heavens those days are long gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful, you are being too hard on yourself again but I know how you feel:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work,the new sketch is looking good too.Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete