I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Friday, March 9, 2012

Cat-Proofing Your Computer ... and Other Animal Stories ...

This is how I cat-proof my computer. Miss P. had developed a love of lying on the keyboard; she  [temporarily] deleted a few programs. So now when I leave for more than an hour, I put the keyboard out of reach of curious paws.

She also did this to the bathroom wall a few weeks  ago. Missy now has a scratch pad on which to vent her cattish frustrations. Up until two years ago, I would let the chinchillas loose for some time out of the cage. They DEMOLISHED the bathroom; I had to have it re-finished. So now free time for them is never unattended! They also did some decorative nibbling on my saddle. It was one I wasn't using at the time, and I couldn't bear to look at it after they did their handiwork. They are like a miniature army, chewing and nibbling their way through everything.
But, enough of the "useless mouths", as a friend calls them ...



I think I am done with this iris. I'm not wild about the colors, but it's done.

Buddy, in his Van Gogh look.


And dear Buddy is moving along slowly.

10 comments:

  1. Ah, what we put up with for our kids! My cats always want to investigate behind my monitor while I'm working. I guess they wonder what it is I see in the thing. As usual, your paintings are coming along nicely Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind the colors in the iris at all - but I might glaze a violet behind it so it pops even more than it does now. Buddy's looking really good. And you can tell Miss P. does NOT like what you've done with the computer! ha ha And you have chinchillas, too? A real menagerie there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silly kitties trying to get on the computer! Lock it down!
    We love the Iris- its beautiful!'
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that seat over the computer LOL, never a dull moment it seems. Your Iris is lovely, and I see that you really love the background which is the same as the one you have used for gorgeous Buddy :-) He is moving along slowly but beautifully. Wish you a nice and sunny sunday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flower is lovely! And the dogs coat already looks so glossy :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The painting of Buddy is surely coming along very well. I love the iris too. Must be quite a task to take care of so many animal friends and do such high quality art at the same time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The iris is beautifully painted, Kathryn!! I love the flower as well as the background!! Great idea on how you "Missy" proofed your computer!! LOL. Cats are so curious...I've never owned one but my sister in law has a cat with "attitude"! AND love Buddy...glad its moving slowly...it will be beautiful when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL about your cat keyboard! My dog (who is HUGE) likes to climb up in our recliner when we're not home like he's a little lap dog. It's funny to see his loooong legs trying to curl up in that little chair.

    Anyway,love both of these paintings Kathryn! There is a glowing luminosity to both of them that is just beautiful! And I really like the colors in the iris. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great sense of humor, Kathryn. Love those "critters", too.
    Beautiful iris.
    P.S. thanks for "seeing" the geometric shapes on my last blog post, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your colors are coming along wonderfully. love the iris. funny on the cat proofing!

    ReplyDelete