I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Day Made for Painting - INSIDE

I think Missy is done. I'll put her aside for a bit, and see how I feel about her in a few days. I am still not 100% thrilled with the strength of the composition, but there is a nice diagonal flow, and a "v" there.

Value sketch for the monk.

I've done a varied w/w wash with quin. burnt orange. I recently realized I use a lot of this triad of colors - burnt orange, violet or pink and a blue. Wonder why? Years ago, I went to see a clairvoyant. She said I had a very strong orange aura. I thought maybe it had to do with all the carrots I feed my horses! :)

Anyway, as alway, your comments are most welcome!

8 comments:

  1. My aura seems to be bright green and turquoise, so maybe I should use these colors more in my paintings. :) Love the monk sketch, can't wait to see the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Missy"looks totally adorable...I bet the Monk is going to be a great painting,too.Best,
    `Arti

    ReplyDelete
  3. This hen type image is very popular in the UK at the moment ... maybe you've started something.

    The monk is looking interesting, is he anyone in particular?

    Like the idea of a carrot drivenaura ... wonder how the horse featured :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kathryn:) Your chicken has such a lovely attitude, I love her already. Your value sketch for the monk is beautiful. I think this is going to be a beauty. Succes with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure, it's the carrots. The blue chicken is beautiful. What a lovely bird. And the monk value sketch is well done. I'm all for setting paintings aside, till I can observe them unbiased. Sometimes just a day will point out what needs still to be done. Some times a week. But when a month goes by and nothing occurs to me, that's it. Out the door it goes. It's a good practice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the monk already - looking forward to the completed painting. No seven versions here, please! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the chicken as it is, Kathryn - its kind of moody and sassy all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, that's interesting! I reckon mine must be orange too because I also use a lot of it!
    Love the chicken! It reminds me of my Marjorie :0)

    ReplyDelete