I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Monday, November 12, 2012

I Think I'm in Love ... and it's not another horse

I left off here ...

I've lifted some of the color from the robe - it was too warm. And I have deepened the shadows on the left of his face with a w/w wash, and done a bit of detail work around the eyes..

More of a close-up. This is why I am in love. It is the serenity and  impression of quiet inner strength.

Working on the pillars - painting the shadows first.

Then a wash of quin. burnt orange with quin. violet. It looks like it will need more wood color, as well as more shadowing.

I am going to reluctantly put the monk aside for today, and head into Vancouver to deliver the dreaded bridge painting to John, and have a visit with the family.
While you are here, I invite you to visit Gallery at the Farm.

As always, your comments are most welcome. 

10 comments:

  1. He is very mindful and tranquil. Beautiful. I know you've captured that peace he has. Always beautiful work Kathryn, love to you,Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really pulled out the muscles here LOL...wonderful work ! And you did capture a very calm and serene expression. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's coming along beautifully!

    Hope you have a good visit xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Kathryn! This is coming along so beautifully. I just love the expression on his face! I look forward to your next post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your portrait is much more than a painting of a person - it is a rendition of inner tranquility. Really wonderful, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bello, mi piacciono i colori prima del lavaggio, con i toni piĆ¹ caldi anche se meno visibile lo stacco fra ombra e luce.
    ciao gloria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great progress Kathryn! Looking forward to seeing the next update :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Kathryn:) Your monk is going to be great! I love his skin tones very much and his expression is already beautiful. I also took a look on your gallery page. Beautiful paintings over there:) Especially the painting of the horse getting new shoes. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are awesome. I am just loving this. Yes the expression is pure bliss to look at. Waiting for you to post the completed one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zijn houding is echt super gedaan je ziet zijn spieren mijn compliment lieve groetjes Danielle

    ReplyDelete