I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Do Blue Cows Make Green Cheese?

I left the ladies here a few weeks ago.

I picked it up again yesterday.  I have toned it down a bit with two thin washes, one of phthalo blue, and the second of cobalt blue. Then I painted a graded wash of quin. burnt orange form lower left towards upper right. I finally worked out a spot pattern for Les Girls, and have done two thin glazes with a black mixture. Looks like I'll need to do more of the black, and figure out what to do with the background.  

Miss Clementine has had some minor touch-ups, and I have made her available on Daily Paintworks.

It is raining like mad, so no riding today. I might take the lad out for a walk on hand later. And I think I'll have to take a boat into Vancouver to visit my sister. Stay dry. It's only two weeks till the days start getting longer again! YAY!!!  

As always, your comments are most welcome.

11 comments:

  1. I do admire your process; it's so controlled. Miss Clementine looks terrific. The Winter Solstice is my most favorite day of the holiday season. Every day thereafter is a step closer to Spring. Keep dry. Hugs for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Clemintine is sooo beautiful! What a masterpiece! And we love the cowbossys!!!
    2 weeks before the days are longer-- yeaaaaaaaaa!
    Keep making the magic happen!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  3. You dogs portraits are really fabulous, love the attitude of Miss Clementine, so natural and the eyes of Tiberius.
    Your cows will pop up with a few more blak.
    And yes , just few days and the day will be longer, yay !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably blue cheese! :) Love the cows! And miss Clementine is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm.. I always imagined that blue cows would make blue cheese - my favorite, lol!
    And that dog is adorable! Fabulous painting :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Miss Clementine, Kathryn! A perfect portrait! and the cows are coming along beautifully. Love the pattern and light!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clem is great! And those COWS-- delicious already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clementine has such personality - I think she will be snatched up by a lucky buyer! And yes, I do think blue cows make green cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting work as usual, Kathryn. The process is all magic to me!

    Young Miss Clemintine is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miss Clementine looks gorgeous!I like your process of washes, though I can't do it myself...what do you do between them?The cows are coming along great,too.Best,
    Arti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miss Clementine really does look great! So much personality. The cows are coming, it will be interesting to see what you put in the foreground.

    ReplyDelete