I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Monday, December 31, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR from a Bunch of Crazy Party Animals

Bug, disgusted that I have a dog in here, has gone to bed early.

Lucy is here for a week while her mom is away on business.

The chins - Fat and Baby. They were very disappointed that a camera was in front  of their cage, and not a raisin.

And yes, I am indeed starting the hydrangea over!!! The pink was just not looking right, and I wasn't sure I could do a credible job with shadows on those pinks. I've started here with aureolin, quin. gold and phthalo blue. The blue is not a color I often use, and it will be interesting to see how it works out. 


I'm bringing in a bit of quin. violet, and quin. burnt orange mixed with the blue to get more intense darks. 

At this point, I feel I need to see some of the colors of the flowers. I've thinly laid in cobalt blue at the top, and will apply thin glazes of ultramarine blue on the bottom. So far, I really prefer the cooler colors.

As always, your comments are so welcome.
And I wish you all a most wonderful New Year, and thank you for being such great blog buddies!!!
BIG HUGS TO YOU ALL! 

12 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and all the animals, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love your greens Kathryn! Greens are so hard for me, it's a difficult balance of getting a vibrant green, that isn't TOO green right? Yours are lovely and greyed down just the right amount. Happy New Year to you and hugs to your chins and animal family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathryn,

    Happy new year. I hope you are having a great start. Actually I am a cat lover. hahaha Their way of sleeping are laghable.Thank you for showing me the process of flower. It is very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful start, Kathryn!!! and love the photos of your friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year my friends! I wish the best for all of you!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to all of you...what a wonderful bundle ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - you have your own little zoo!
    The background looks just perfect to me! Looking forward to seeing the finished painting :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, my friend!

    Love the animals, they seem to handle life exactly as it should be handled.

    I love the way you are confident enough to show all your stuff, even if you don't always like the end product. I may start painting this year: my son bought me all I would need for watercolours and acrylics ... don't think I'll be showing much yet... never really tried it before! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Kathryn, love your dear animals, painting looks wonderful. I love thalo, I know it stains but the color is so pretty. love to you,Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great looking group of party animals, Kathryn!
    The Hydrangeas will come out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year to you and all your furry friends, looks like a great start to this year's paintings, lovely background I am looking forward to the finished results.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice bunch of animals you've got Kathryn:) Give them a hug from me will you?
    Ooh, you started all over? Well, this one will be great just like the other one:)
    A very happy new year. Big hug:)

    ReplyDelete