I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Saturday, December 1, 2012

I Was Swept Away by Clementine ... WIP

This is Tiberius, a somewhat grand name for a rather small-in-stature Pug. But what he lacks in size, he makes up in attitude. I was over at his home, taking photos of the owner's Highland cattle, and I couldn't resist taking some shots of Tiberius. This was painted about five years ago.



While driving off to get some groceries, I saw Mike and Tiberius out walking with the new kid, an English Bulldog.  Her name is Clementine. She is extremely friendly, and most photogenic. I've been looking at her photo for a week or two, and finally had to do a sketch yesterday, and start painting her today. This is probably about 1/4 of the way done.

As always, your comments are so welcome!

16 comments:

  1. Nice Pug portrait, and I now how hard black animals are to paint. Clementine looks sweet. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You painted the eye first,right?
    It is interestingl. All people have all different processes,don't they? Your world is always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiberius and Clementine seem to be born for to be a models:)
    ciao gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. What you painted five years ago is so awesome. It really gets me excited for what is to come now. Cant wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Kathryn! Tiberius is magnificent. If I could paint like that, I would spend my life painting portraits of animals.

    Clementine is a grand name - Winston Churchill's wife's name, as you know,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even if Tiberius is 5 years old , he is gorgeous, you capture the expression so well...I am sure Clementine will be just as successful :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clementine looks like a real sweetheart, Kathryn! The love is already shining through. This will be a great success.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, Tiberius is just so imperious! and I think Clementine will be equally fine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh, Kathryn!!! Tiberius is so beautiful!!!! and I can see already that Clementine is going to be gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a grand name for a little pug! ha ha You really captured that look perfectly and I'm looking forward to seeing Clementine finished, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Gosh! the accomplished portrait swept me away. And the WIP is so promising already :0)
    Thank you Kathryn,
    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I'm singing "oh my darling,Clementine" :lol:
    She's looking fab so far - and Tiberius - well, he looks imperial :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cutie! I can see why you wanted to paint him. And what a fabulous result )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kathryn:) How adorable Tiberius is and what a funny name for a dog. And what a wonderful painting you made of him. Really stunning. I think the painting of Clementine will be at least so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  16. tiberius is really super katharyn !

    ReplyDelete