I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Monday, July 22, 2013

BUSY Day!

The spare stall is stacked to the ceiling with wonderful, soft hay.

There are even bales stacked in the alleyway.

Garden is still doing well. The snow-peas and lettuce are great [had some for dinner], and everything is growing.

I have darkened the background. As I thought, the shadows and colors in the flowers need to be strengthened - they are just overpowered by the darks.

I started the ink and wash as well. So far, so good ...

I was up early this morning, as I knew the hay was being delivered. But I thought Andy would call first. NO ... I was in the bathroom, and had to call out to tell him I'd be a minute. Then I helped unload 120 bales of hay - my stash for the year. It is beautiful this year - soft and green - as we had more rain. It is SOOO nice, I am going to have to put His Imperial Chubbiness on a bit of a diet. He is ready to inhale as much as he can get. Probably a hay-net will be in order, to slow down his eating.
So between unloading hay, going on a small cleaning rampage, and doing some painting, it has been a full day.

As always, I thank you for dropping by, and welcome your comments! 

8 comments:

  1. That is a lot of hay, I can smell it here! Love the hollyhocks, and the ink and wash looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh.. I'm loving that ink and wash.. and the hollyhock is looking fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - those flowers have popped against that dark background - Wonderful! And I love your ink and wash already - I can't wait to see this one completed :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be so happy with your hay, Kathryn! It looks delicious. We have had so much rain here, nobody can cut. I hope we get some dry spells soon. At least a few short ones. Your flowers look great and the cottage is coming along well. It's very charming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hollyhock is looking great with the contrasting background. And reading this post I feel envious of you... I live in a real cramped up city with no breathing space. Thankfully my profession takes me to places which give me a break !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that the flowers are overpowered by the darks....SO beautiful, Kathryn. The ink and wash is really coming along nicely...I will be looking forward to seeing your next post.!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a breezy post, I can smell the hay. And a sniff of horsey neck ;)
    The hollyhock painting is beautiful. I might want to see a smidge more saturation in some of the flowers but you be the judge.
    It's hard to tell on a monitor what a painting really looks like.
    Big kisses to the big guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Kathryn:) I saw some lovely photo's of Bruno on FB. Such a beautiful horse!
    Your hollyhock needs a bit more paint indeed. But your background is so amazing! It's going to be a wonderful painting. I love the house already! Nice twist:)

    ReplyDelete