I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

FINALLY ... Some Work on the Rio Painting-to be ...

I have most of the foreground and mid-ground buildings in place.

Had to find some images as reference for boys playing soccer, and then create some decent sketches. It is quite a complicated drawing, getting all the figures, buildings and background put together in a plausible manner. I did the boys on a separate sheet, then cut them out to see where to place them. Then I traced them onto the main drawing. 

The boys are in place.

I don't think I have ever spent so much time preparing for a watercolor, but I know I need a GOOD drawing first.
I have a bit more to do on the shop-fronts and the lower street level, then I CAN START PAINTING!!!

Thank you for dropping by! Your comments are welcome.

11 comments:

  1. Pretty impressive! I like the use of different elements placed together.Buildings still scare me because I am not good at perspectives and lines.You did a great job with the drawing..would wait to see how it goes from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour, Kathryn.
    Ce dessin est magnifique et je suis impatient de voir la suite!
    Bises :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot draw to save my life, but I SO enjoy watching the progress of others who can! Very enjoyable and creative, looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well planned and thought out! I am really looking forward to seeing the magic that happens when painting begins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh,, this looks like its going to be sooo hard!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I agree, Kathryn, drawing is the King! Especially, when the architecture is involved.. just wait when you start painting all that walls and windows :)... Great beginning! Irina

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so different, very interesting, can't wait to see the progress ! Have a nice weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing drawing, Kathryn!!! This is going to be FANTASTIC!!! and the drawing of the boys are perfectly placed. This is so different for you...a lot of details!!! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is a new subject for you! I am so excited to see how it progresses! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like all the action here.. Waiting eagerly for the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, this is going to be incredible. i so admire your attention to detail and getting a good base down. i can't wait to see how it develops!

    i love the snaps of Bruno and the care you give him. and the paper critters are really wonderful and fun!!

    and thank you my Gunk. i'm so glad you saw Tim as well. i still can't believe the resemblence . take good care!

    ReplyDelete