|Slowly working my way forward, doing detail work - tail done, hoof shadows, some work on the tack ...|
|I started two botanical style paintings. These are hawthorn berries. The berries were started with quin. sienna. The leaves were done with a wash of aureolin, followed by quin. gold and phthalo green.|
|... glazed with alizarin crimson|
|... realized the reds and oranges were not going to give the depth of shadow I wanted, so did a dry brush glaze with a brown mixture.|
|Now I am back to glazing with sienna here, and will move to alizarin and see what I get.|
Painting is 33 x 14 cm.
|Blackberries - some berries were started with cobalt blue, the others with brown madder and a aureolin/brown madder/cobalt blue mixture.|
|Then I quickly got them dark - the berry on the left I tried to paint without masking, got impatient and masked the rest of the dark ones.|