I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Sunday, March 26, 2017

OK ... Hilda, This Is for YOU

Drawing

Spooky-looking eyes - using aureolin, quin. burnt orange and phthalo blue

Getting her furry - quin. burnt orange, scarlet lake, a bit of indanthrone

Adding the more neutral grey - orange, scarlet and indanthrone

Same colors for the bit of her back and shoulder

Touched up and darkened here and there. A very light background will be added later, after I finish all eight of the cats, so I can see them all together and decide on some unifying colors.

Several days ago, Hilda Muxo Klinger [fellow blogger] left a message on my artist's Facebook page. She very thoughtfully and kindly enquired if I had disappeared from the face of the Earth. Not quite! But I have been busy, and posting from this newer laptop is much more awkward and time-consuming. When I take photos, I download them onto my older desktop [which no longer can access my blog] There I edit them, because the photo editing is much better than the laptop. Then I have to mail the photos to my laptop, to make them accessible for me here. Damn, I really dislike computers!!! Anyway, thank you, Hilda! on to more cats ...

Thank you so much for dropping by!!

7 comments:

  1. If this is the start, I'm definitely hanging around for the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilda is such a star, everybody's favourite.

    The cat is coming along well - looking forward to the next episode.

    Computers can be you best friend, but, more often, your worst enemy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute kitty and her painting is coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Katherine your kitty is a beauty. Sorry about the computer. Miss your regular postings. Hope all is well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cat looks great! Are you going to do eight cats?
    Sweet Hilda! Very annoying to have computer problems, had some myself recently. I sometimes use PicMonkey online to edit photos and watermark them. Maybe a tip for you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eight cats! Wow- what a fantastic commission! They should keep you busy for some time!It will be fun to see them all together when you finish - cataclysmic in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 8 cats?!? o.0 this one is looking good :)

    why dont you use a memory key to transfer the files?

    ReplyDelete