I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

UNO ... A ROOSTER'S PROGRESS

Once upon a time, there was a rooster named Uno, who lived at my vet's small hobby farm. He was a very handsome and proud bird ...

Drawing , with a few scribbled notes

First washes - aureolin, quin. sienna and quin. burnt orange

More of the oranges, with some new gamboge to brighten the yellow. His comb is a mix of burnt orange and alizarin crimson.

Still more gamboge. The tail feathers, both brown and blue, are mixtures of burnt orange, quin. violet and indanthrone.


Starting to give the body feathers some texture with more of the same colour, or mixtures made with complementary colours.



UNO

Well, winter weather is here, and for this area it means soggy, grey, dark days. Yup ... the winter megrims have set in! So I am motivating myself to paint by working on BRIGHT. Chickens and roosters suit my needs perfectly, so expect to see more colourful birds!!!

Thank you for dropping by!

11 comments:

  1. Good idea, painting bright! Grey and dark here too, bleh. But this colourful guy is so handsome... and he knows it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors! Beautiful job, Miss Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This fellow is certainly "cock of the walk." Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great bright colours :)

    most of the roosters i've known were big bullies :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The finished rooster is beautifully painted Kathryn. A definite favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how very beautiful! I think he will walk right in front of us!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like seeing the progression of the painting. gives me a sense of how watercolor painting works and how it can get from dull wash to Bright. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We need BRIGHT at this time of year and you've given it to us with this tall, happy fellow! What a tail!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kathryn - He is beautiful - I like bright. Will be looking forward to visiting as winter blues set in here too. Take care and have a wonderful week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I had a cockerel I'd name him Russell Crow (One up from Gregory Peck) ...great painting as usual, Kathryn. Love the processes being shown. Its the fourth day of Summer here in Australia, but we return to -2 and Snow next week.

    Keep warm,dry and painting bright

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful to see the progress of this excellent painting! I also like the header with the goose very much! Artgreetings from the Bavarian Forest from Dori

    ReplyDelete