I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

MY SPIRITS NEEDED A LIFT

I was greeted by this Northern Flicker as I got out of my car.

This is part of the garden. My neighbour graciously offered me to come over any time to photograph her flowers.

Dahlias galore!

All shapes, sizes and colours.


I had never seen one like this. 









I have been feeling very down the past few weeks - sad, angry, frustrated at all the "development" that is going on in my area. There is even a movie being filmed on the property behind Bruno's field. The script calls for fireworks to be set off between 8 PM and midnight, so I will have to have Bruno tranquillized, and I'll spend the night out there to make sure he is all right. This is NOT my idea of country life at all. I am sadly thinking I will have to move somewhere quieter - not sure where. Anyway, I really needed some peace and beauty, so I went over to my neighbour's farm. They have a huge garden - some vegetables and some flowers. It was a glorious respite!

Thank you for dropping by, and I hope you enjoyed the flowers as much as I did!

8 comments:

  1. That is just horrible about the fireworks and totally UNFAIR! The dahlias are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Development and fireworks... :( What are they thinking!
    The flowers are gorgeous, and I'm glad they lifted your spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the noise. I hope you and Bruno will be all right.
    Beautiful flowers?
    Midnight? That makes no sense to bother people at that hour when an earlier time is just as dark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so many pretty dahlias :)

    hope bruno is ok from the fireworks. i hate fireworks, they freak sky out so much and so many animals freak out and get loose due to them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Kathryn - so sorry for the terrible disruption of your serenity. I have a feeling I know how you feel as I value my own quiet time very highly. The filming of the movie can't go on forever so in time I hope things settle down for you and all your critters. In the meantime, that lush garden does soothe the spirit and feed the soul. Perhaps some of those gorgeous dahlias (and the flicker)will show up in a watercolor or two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Kathryn - I am so sorry to read that your lovely peaceful spot is being overtaken by noise and chaos. I hope all will be well with Bruno too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can understand how you feel about the noise by your home. Especially those people like yourself who have animals to take care of...they don't understand what's going on around them. These flowers are all beautiful...thanks for sharing, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete