It was a very busy day at the farm today. I had Ken come in with his tractor to dig out some of the wetter spots in the ring, and then spread the three loads of hogge's fuel I'd had delivered last week. That took about three and a half hours of steady work, but it's done - YAY - and will soon be ride-able. I just have to spend hours over the next several weeks leveling it bit by bit with a rake and pitchfork.
Then I got to the inside of the barn and cleaned out all the old and moldy hay. That was a hefty job as well, as I was cleaning up after two or three years of build-up [couldn't get to it sooner, as it was inaccessible]
I also finished the head study that I started as a demo at the open studio tour. I think it would look better with the edges [right and bottom] much softer. I'll try it that way for the next demo. I also got all the smaller, unframed paintings bagged in glassine pouches, and worked out prices. I will tag them, and put my business card on them all later tonight.
|New Barn Grunts|
|Old footing moved to side of barn|
|The three nesters are back[killdeer]|
|Bruno, wondering "What the ..."|
|Mounds of new footing|
|Bruno leaves his seal of approval|