I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Chickens Today ... Feathers the Next ...

Original photo

Ist all-in-one glaze [aureolin, quin. burnt orange, quin. violet,and feet are quin. bt. orange and quin. pink]  Still wet.
          
Comb in alizarin crimson and quin. bt. orange

Adding depth all over, using same palette with indanthrone blue for darks

HEY! It's starting to look a bit like a rooster.

Very soft, wet background of quin. bt. orange, quin. violet and indanthrone  blue

His Imperial Poultry-ness
  "Chickens today, feathers the next" was one of my best high school/university friends' sayings. Another one I liked was "If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit". I still remember rockin' out to UBC for an 8:30 physics lecture, [ WHO scheduled that one??] with smoke of various legal and not-so-legal varieties billowing out the car windows. Hey ... it was the '60's. And all of us in the car-pool made it through university, and  now have decent, respectable professions.

2 comments:

  1. ooh, wonderful, especially like the background in the final view, I was wondering what paper you paint on and if you soak it/stretch it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been up to some pretty fabulous stuff. I love you're sayings, I'll be using those. When I painted a hen I had someone use the phrase, Roosters crow, but hens deliver, I thought that was pretty appropriate:)

    ReplyDelete