I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

More Gourds ... or ... Another Process YAY

This is the photo I was taking when those seed pods caught my attention.
Simple sketch for watercolor.
Light glazes to start.
For gourds, I use aureolin, new gamboge and quin. siena
For fence, it's indanthrone blue, quin. violet and quin. burnt orange.
I did a bit more shadowing before getting into the local color.
Intensifying the gourd colors
Starting the pattern on the large gourd.
I've painted the stems with a light brown, and the dark is the phthalo green mix.
I have pretty much completed the patterning, and my eyes are going cross-eyed, so I think I'll call it a night!!
As always, all comments are most welcome!

4 comments:

  1. Love the strong colours you've used in these gourds. They look fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These beautiful hot colours are amongst my favorites. It looks great already! I love the pattern :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that wooden fence Studio, and I think you've captured all of it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete