I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Monday, March 18, 2013

Trying to Turn a Sow's Ear into a Silk Purse

There aren't any steps because I deleted them form  my photo library [in frustration]. I think I am a bit obsessed with trying to interpret the dried hydrangeas. At least, I am learning with each effort. I want to create a looser, almost abstract background, and yet keep the detail and delicacy of the dead flowers. 

This is where I realized it was NOT going to work. So I dragged some dark blue across to see what it would look like - messy and wubbly, but there is an idea coming out of the experiment. Back to the proverbial drawing board for another go!!!

As always, your comments are most welcome! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathryn:) My respect for never give up on something. I love to see what new idea you have for the hydrangea. However, I loved the flower it self. The brown is gorgeous! Succes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that you are making so many paintings of the hydrangeas and exploring different elements in each one. I like the idea of the dynamic blue shadow cast from the flowers and how you've brought in some higher contrast colors in parts of the flower. The version of the painting is quiet and elegant and the second one more dramatic! Both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete