I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Slowly but Surely with the Paper Mache



I did some painting last night and this morning on the possum and Basset hound. As with watercolor, they went through a very ugly stage, when the paint was flat and had no texture. But the more I work with the acrylics, alternating thinner and thicker glazes, the better they look. Being a fussy watercolor painter, I find the acrylics to be somewhat like painting with mud, but it's coming ... I'm learning ...
These two still need a lot of detail work and facial features, and the other three figures are waiting their turn. But, first, it is a GLORIOUS day, and I am going out to play with Bruno. :)

8 comments:

  1. ESPECIALLY LOVE THE BASSET HOUND . . . MY FIRST THOUGHT WHEN I SAW THE PICTURE WAS, "HEY IT'S SUNNY!". GOOD FOR YOU!! GO OUT AND PLAY AND ENJOY THE DAY KATHRYN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh- we could not imagine they could be so beautiful!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness, Kathryn!!! I LOVE the Basset Hound...my new favorite....the colors and glow is outstanding, my friend!!!! I envy that beautiful blue sky....cloudy and damp in New York today.. what a shock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is coming out very well.. The beset hound looks as if he is breathing..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yesss, you did it !!!!!
    GĂ©nial, j'adore :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff Kathryn. These are so cool! I loved your comment about the acrylics! When i first started using them that was my reaction too being a tried and true watercolorist. My first and biggest passion. Your new blog page looks fabulous too! Well done! Very nice. Thank you for coming by my blog and for your always lovely comments. They are so appreciated. Now get back to work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are really coming along well. The hound looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to follow you over here from Sue Clinker's blog and then saw this post! I love what you're doing - they look great! But I have a love-hate relationship with acrylics so feel for you working with it! But, keep on because these are well worth the trouble! (Can't wait to see the possum!)

    ReplyDelete