I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

ANTIQUE DELIVERY TRUCK - WATERCOLOUR WORK IN PROGRESS

Photo I took a few years ago at the Country Celebration at Campbell Valley Park [a nearby large pedestrian and equestrian park, sadly threatened with "improvements" by the parks board]
Did a detailed drawing first, but forgot to include it here.
I started with the roof - an aureolin wash, followed [after dry] by new gamboge wash. Shadows on tires done wet in wet  with indanthrone and a bit of quin. violet and quin. burnt orange.

The same primarily indanthrone mixture was used for the car body shadows.

I made up a green with indanthrone and quin. gold for the body colour, and my favourite mix of indanthrone, violet and burnt orange for black [grille and tires].

... carrying on ... more of the same ...

... and still more ...

I am at this stage now, and must admit I am very pleased with it! I still have the interior to do and the lettering  [you can see the pencil marks]. I am at an impasse - trying to figure out exactly what shapes and colours to use for the background. I think it will be scrumbled with more bulk behind the rear of the truck, fading to a finer, smaller area at the front of the car. TO BE CONTINUED ...

THANK YOU FOR DROPPING BY!!!


11 comments:

  1. Mom LOVES antique cars and trucks! You are doing an awesome job. We can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! Hope all goes well when it comes time to do the background areas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is coming along SO beautifully Kathryn!!!!!! LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going really well, look forward to seeing it finished. The biggest problems I find when I draw wheels, are remembering they are drawn as ellipses and not as circles and getting the @@$$%** spokes to look right. You seem to have overcome that problem. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing Kathryn - this has to be a tough subject to paint but you are doing a fantastic job. Tires always stump me to draw but yours look good. Have a great weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful progression. You'll nail the rest, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not my first time to pay a quick visit this web
    page, i am browsing this site dailly and get good facts from here every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your info. I truly appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further post thank you once again.

    ReplyDelete