I'm FREE

I'm FREE

Thursday, May 10, 2018

ANTIQUE TRUCK HAS A HOME

I tried several different ideas for a background for the truck, and finally decided to put it in front of an old gas station that , once upon a time, was situated in Langley, just off Glover Road. When trying to google map it, I found it had been torn down, so I had to resort to looking for reference photos on the net.


I did a free-hand sketch, traced it behind the car, and ... voila!

Finished the gas station, then decided the truck needed a bit more oomph.  I darkened the tires and undercarriage, glazed over the green of the body, and I do believe it's done. I think I'll have this matted, and show it in a glassine pouch for a show I am in  next month.

Thank you for dropping by!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that came out wonderful! Good luck with the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background couldn't be more perfect! Love it♥

    ReplyDelete